Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Well here it is a review for Douglas Adams' classic The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Might as well not much better to do before school starts and since I've done as much studying as I can til' the test at well,here it goes

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy(Douglas Adams)

Year:1978
Publisher: Megadodo Publication



Plot:19/20(Mostly original I mean the idea of a guide to the galaxy and someone not from Earth studying it that's original but come on aliens trying to demolish Earth is kind of old,but for 1978 I'm sure it did the job)

Characters:10/20(Ford seemed like a know it all,Dent seemed stupid,Zaphod seemed like a flake,but I liked Marvin the Robot,and the Vogons seeemed like politicians times two and bad poets)

Writing:20/20 (Excellent writing,it's kind of satirical and humorous like when human smarts are questioned with dolphins plus it has a good plot)

Setting:19/20(I only remember the Vogon ship and Zaphod's ship that's about it pretty well described, the weirdness of the Vogon ship was the coolest)

Final
:17/20(Good book the characters left stuff to be desired but it was mostly good)

Up next in Books is....... Jack London's Call of the Wild

P.S.
I can take requests mind you there is a bit of a line right now



No comments: